Phillies vs Nationals
7:05 PM Nationals Park
#1: Will FP Santangelo Wear His Shark Hat?
|That Guy On The Bottom Interfered With A Nationals Out, But Was For Some Reason Still Happy|
#2 Will The Game Get Rained Out
- Nationals look to rebound after a humiliating loss last night.
- Edwin Jackson looks to move his record above .500 tonight.
- With Cole Hamels on the mound tomorrow, tonight's game is crucial for avoiding a sweep possibility.
- Still no Zimmerman, though he says he will play tomorrow for sure.
- Vance Worley
- 5-6 with a 3.88 ERA.
- Has given up 41 hits over his last ~27 innings of work.
- Give up double digit hits 3 times this season, including a game against the Nats.
- Edwin Jackson
- 6-6 with a 3.52 ERA.
- Pitched 7 innings of shutout baseball his last time out.
- Has not given up double digit hits at all this season.
- Juan Pierre
- Apparently he is a Nats killer? Batting ..375 lifetime against Jackson.
- Went 3-5 last night with 2 runs scored.
- Also had 2 stolen bases last night.
- Danny Espinosa
- Batting .222 against Worley with 1 homerun and 2 RBIs lifetime.
- Went 0-4 last night with 2 strikeouts.
- Also stranded 3 men on base.
- Get Runners In. Nats had 12 men left of base last night. Middle of the lineup was particularly bad in this area.
- Stop Runners. The Nats also allowed 3 stolen bases. Got to stop giving away bases to guys like Pierre.
- Work the Count. The Nats only drew 1 walk the entire game last night.