Braves vs Nationals
7:05 PM Nationals Park
- The innings limit of 160 for Strasburg has disappeared. GM Rizzo is going to use an "eye test" to decide when to shut him down.
- The Braves will look to start narrowing the 3.5 game gap between them and the Nats tonight.
- Drew Storen is back with the Nationals after his lengthy DL time.
- Tommy Hanson
- 10-5 with a 4.02 ERA.
- Last time out against the Nats he gave up 2 runs on 6 hits in 7 innings.
- Gave up 6 runs in 5.1 innings last start.
- Stephen Strasburg
- 10-4 with a 2.66 ERA.
- Last start against the Braves he only went 3 innings because of dehydration.
- Pitched 6 innings of shutout ball last start.
- Dan Uggla
- Hitting .538 with 2 homeruns and 8 RBIs against Strasburg lifetime.
- Has 12 homeruns this season (on pace for 21).
- Is only hitting .216 on the year.
- Danny Espinosa
- Hitting .375 against Hanson lifetime.
- Has 24 extra base hits on the season.
- Leads the team in stolen bases (14) and strikeouts (101).
- Stras-time. With the burden of the innings limit slightly lessened now, Strasburg will need to deliver a big time performance tonight.
- Quick Innings. With a double header looming, a quick game is very important.
- Get to the late innings. Storen, T-clip, and Burnett make a formidable end of the game combination.