METS VS. NATIONALS
At Nationals Park
7:05p on MASN
- After a whirlwind of a game containing the Nationals first grand slam of the year and a stellar outing by Ross Detwiler, the club is looking to propel themselves to thirty games over .500.
- The Mets are currently 18 games behind in third place. Their last ten games have been a disaster for them at 3 wins and 7 losses.
- Edwin Jackson
- 7-7 record with an ERA of 3.74
- Jackson's last few starts have been shaky. In his last start vs. the Diamondbacks he gave up five runs and pitched five and two thirds innings.
- Jon Niese
- 9-6 record with an ERA of 3.67
- In his last start vs. the Braves, Niese held the Braves to one run and pitched eight innings.
Who To Watch
- Ian Desmond
- Fresh off the DL, Ian Desmond cannot be expected to impress right away. However, last night, Desmond showed that even the first day back is no problem for him with four long flyouts.
- He may not have done anything spectacular at shortstop last night, but the fact that Desmond was able to play nine innings his first day off the DL and hit with his usual pop is a great sign that we'll have our old #20 back soon.